What Is Resume Parsing and How It Helps HR Professionals?
Resume parsing is a process of converting an unstructured form of data into machine-readable, i.e. structured form. Resume parsing technology is used to screening resumes conveniently. It permits users to process online or offline CVs/ resumes automatically by extracting information efficiently. This technology allows users to collect, store, and organize information from resumes.
Recruiters receive resumes in various formats including Word, PDF, RTF, HTML in bulk but the most common format is Word or PDF. Even though these resumes are easy to read and recognize for human, system understanding is the most difficult, but resume parser software makes it simpler for machines.
Recruiters or HR professionals receive almost hundreds of resumes every day for a single job position. It takes a lot of time to evaluate these resumes manually one by one. Resume parser makes it easier by parsing resumes in bulk and storing collected information such as contact details, skills, educational qualification, work experience, professional specialization, etc. into segregated fields of ATS/CRM or database.
Benefits of resume parsing:
· It eliminates manual processing and saves recruiters hours of work.
· It easily integrates with your existing recruitment system.
· It allows to create a valuable talent pool.
· It removes unconscious bias in recruitment.
· It uses semantic techniques to find the best match for opened job position.
· It supports multilingual parsing functionality.
· It accelerates recruitment process.
· It helps to close jobs quickly.
All items (6)